Copyright is protected but often infringed because it is misunderstood. It is against the law to reproduce images in any form, for any reason without the permission of Copyright Owner. It is illegal to scan, copy, or reproduce in any way a professional copyright image without written consent from dudleydoright.com-254-968-3433. Photographs are copyrighted the moment they are taken and no copyright notice is required. Posting to the inter-net are not granted public domain and don't grant further copying.
WARNING/BEWARE : My copyrights are protected by law, all images are REGISTERED with the US Copyright Office. In the event an infringement is discovered, the infringer will be notified and invoiced the industry standard of TRIPLE FEE for unauthorized usage and/or prosecuted for Copyright Infringement in the United States Federal Court where you may be subject to paying Statutory Damages in the amount of $150,000 as well as court costs and attorney's fees.
Possession of a photo or electronic image does not constitute the right to scan, copy, reproduce in any way without written permission of Dudley Barker. If you think you have a problem or want to use an image, contact me at 254-968-3433 email@example.com
Some Quick Tips About Copyright:
- Photographs are copyrighted the moment they are taken, and no copyright notice is required.
- Copyright is still violated whether money is charged or not, only damages awarded in the event of a lawsuit are affected by that.
- Postings to the net are not granted to the public domain, and don't grant any permission to do further copying.
- The "fair use" exemption to U.S. copyright law was created to allow things such as commentary, parody, news reporting, research and education about copyrighted works without the permission of the author, anything outside of those areas is considered a violation.
- Copyright is not lost because you don't defend it; that's a concept from trademark law.
- Work derived from a copyrighted work is a copyright violation. A derivative is defined as any form of changing an original copyright piece, i.e. lighten/darken, crop, rotate, filter, combine with other images, etc. still a violation.
- Copyright law is mostly civil law where the special rights of criminal defendants you hear so much about don't apply. However, recently in the USA commercial copyright violation involving more than 10 copies and value over $2500 was made a felony. Don't rationalize that you are helping the copyright holder by advertising their work for FREE; it's not hard to ask permission.
395 E Park St
Stephenville, TX 76401
Office: (254) 968-3433